Your LinkedIn profile maybe the core of your online activity as a lawyer. Even if you have a great law firm website, your LinkedIn profile may appear higher in the search results when someone is looking our name up.
That is why beside taking care of the content, make sure that your public URL sounds and looks as it should.
Here are 3 easy steps to do it:
- Go to “EDIT public profile & URL”
- Go to “Edit URL” section and click on the pencil icon
- Personalize the URL
Choosing the right URL for your public profile
What should a lawyer choose, you may ask.
There are different strategies being used:
- namesurname (jacekstanislawski) – simple and SEO efficient
- role/expertise + name + surname (legalmarketingspecialistjacekstanislawski)
- call to action type (hirejacekstanislawski)
This is like choosing a domain for your website. Make sure it is easy to share and that it enhances your SEO efforts.
It is so simple to manage, yet there are still many professionals that simply oversee this and end up with unfriendly link like this https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-doe-3293190532/
If you would like to connect with me, you can find me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacekstanislawski/