“My parents left Cuba many years ago and they sacrificed everything, and you can imagine their pride in having their daughter as a federal bankruptcy judge,” the attorney said.
May 10, 2023 at 12:18 PM
4 minute read
What You Need to Know
- The Coral Gables attorney will fill the vacancy created by Chief U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Emeritus A. Jay Cristol’s retirement.
- The incoming federal bankruptcy judge said she will be sworn in within two weeks.
- She brings over three decades of experience as a bankruptcy practitioner handling cases for domestic and international clients.
A Coral Gables attorney will become the next judge to preside over cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Corali Lopez-Castro, a partner at Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton, will fill the vacancy created by Chief U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Emeritus A. Jay Cristol following his retirement in January after nearly four decades of service to the federal judiciary.
Law Offices of Gary Martin Hays & Associates
75 Ponce De Leon Ave NE Ste 101
Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone
2 Oliver St #608
Smith & Hassler
1225 N Loop W #525
Presented by BigVoodoo
More From ALM
With this subscription you will receive unlimited access to high quality, online, on-demand premium content from well-respected faculty in the legal industry. This is perfect for attorneys licensed in multiple jurisdictions or for attorneys that have fulfilled their CLE requirement but need to access resourceful information for their practice areas.
Our Team Account subscription service is for legal teams of four or more attorneys. Each attorney is granted unlimited access to high quality, on-demand premium content from well-respected faculty in the legal industry along with administrative access to easily manage CLE for the entire team.
Gain access to some of the most knowledgeable and experienced attorneys with our 2 bundle options! Our Compliance bundles are curated by CLE Counselors and include current legal topics and challenges within the industry. Our second option allows you to build your bundle and strategically select the content that pertains to your needs. Both options are priced the same.
From Data to Decisions
Dynamically explore and compare data on law firms, companies, individual lawyers, and industry trends.
Exclusive Depth and Reach.
Law.com Compass includes access to our exclusive industry reports, combining the unmatched expertise of our analyst team with ALM’s deep bench of proprietary information to provide insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
Big Pictures and Fine Details
Law.com Compass delivers you the full scope of information, from the rankings of the Am Law 200 and NLJ 500 to intricate details and comparisons of firms’ financials, staffing, clients, news and events.
Cleary Giacobbe Alfieri Jacobs, LLC, a rapidly expanding midsize law firm, is seeking Associate Attorney for its Somerset County office with…
- Alex Jones' attorney Norm Pattis wants out of Sandy Hook case
- Law firm's employment agreements prompt D.C. bar ethics case
- Washington AG wins sanctions against attorney behind voter fraud lawsuit
- Attorney Lin Wood loses appeal over state bar's mental health probe
- Viewpoint: What kind of deal is attorney Billy Gibbens cutting for DA Jason Williams?